FIELD TRIP


 Nigeria Transportation System is fast advancing technologically. One of the mode of  transportation, the Railway station has been constructed, completed and modernized like that of developed countries like Korea, China, UK etc.,. First, I say an amazing well-done to the China Civil Engineering construction Coup for the building of Mile 2 to Marina train station. This piece gives a report of my field trip from Mile 2 to Marina on business opportunities on the train.

    To start with, embarking on this trip gives me an insight of what Nigeria would be in years to come. After getting my card called "Cowry". The Cowry is the Lagos State Travel Card recommended for the trip. I purchase this card at the rate of #500 and was asked to recharge it, which I did with#1000.This process should that the card is the only pass you can use to access the train. Then moving to the environment which really looks like a mini Airport. After this I move to where the train was to take off which I waited for 20min before the train came to it bank. During my wait, I observed that every train official on uniform has an telephone for communication and to monitor the movement of train which is to give individuals feedback by not keeping them waiting.

    However, I entered the train at 10:30am but it took off at 10:40am waiting for awhile. Inside the train, we have we have emergency equipment like emergency operation (to open the door manually) while emergency hammer (is to break windows). Also, No WiFi to keep people's company because if the rules says no eating and drinking at least there should be something to entertain the boarder considering the fact that many persons we on their phones. It is only children from age 3-10 that are allowed to eat with the monitoring of their parents.

     Finally, the train moved from Mile 2 then to Alaba then to Iganmu then to National theater and the last bus stop Marina. And the job opportunities what can be sold inside the train includes: non eatables items like: keyholder, biro, handkerchief, story books for adults and children, artworks, data, etc. The train can also be use to show your talent. By this I mean talents like singing, dancing, rapping, etc. I say this because the world is a social media era and doing these things can spread ones career. While jobs that can be done outside the train includes: Opening a mini restaurant where food recipes can be ordered, ice cream, pop corn for children etc. Another is a mini store to shop after getting off the train. All these are jobs opportunity at the train station.



Comments